30 Day Challenge! Are you in?


Happy Monday!

Here I begin once again attempting to blog at least once a week and posting to Facebook at least once a day.  What is the saying... doing the same thing over and over expecting different resolutions is the definition of insanity?  Well, I am going to try it a different way and not be so hard on myself so here it goes.

My husband Larry and I have been doing a lot of spiritual work over the past year and as we have been working on ourselves we have also been working on our relationship without necessarily trying or thinking about it.  That is not to say that I don't believe in working on your relationship because I do.  But what I have observed and I am going to suggest to each of you is that when we work on ourselves there are some benefits and by products.

I tell you that so what I am about to challenge you with has a reference point.  You see, I believe and it has been proven that the way we treat others effects how we are treated. In addition, our good and bad behaviors have an effect on us and the world we live in.  I am going to tell you like my mentor used to tell me... "You don't have to believe me, just believe that I believe it".

So, here we go... I want to challenge each and every one of us to do or say something nice to someone else at least once a day for the next 30 days.  Now I know for some of us this is going to be easy and others it is going to be hard but I want you to make a conscious effort even if it means writing it down or popping me an email on Facebook or messaging me. I want you to really think and be conscious about what you are doing.  We are not doing this expecting something in return we are doing it because we need to!  In order to heal ourselves and our world we need to get out of ourselves and become kinder and gentler human beings.

Let me help you out with some examples... Let someone go in front of you in the grocery store, let the car next to you that is in the wrong lane go ahead of you... What's it going to hurt?  Smile and say hello to the cashier instead of griping or complaining.  Say good morning to those around you (especially your family) instead of grumbling, got it?  You see these may seem really small and insignificant things but I promise that they will effect your day, the other person's day and the world at large in a way that's positive. Wouldn't it be funny if we were all nice to each other for a change!!! It's just a thought, it's a big thought but it's a thought!

Remember I want to hear from you so post here, on my Facebook page or send me a private message if you like or you can even contact me via my website which is www.drkimkimpel.com

Here's to unconditional love and light!

Dr. Kim


Comments

  1. Well, I accept the challenge and just have one question. Can I do this all in one day? I know, I know. On the serious side, today will be day 1. I want to thank you for the wonderful birthday party, the flowers, gifts and most of all your friendship. You have truly been a blessing to me and so many others and very seldom receive the recognition you so deserve. Have a blessed and wonderful week. -LJC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa for your kind words but no...one at least a day for 29 more days! Get on it! Love you and have a wonderful birthday year!

      Delete
  2. As Agrippa said to Paul, "you almost persuade me..." But I'll think on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is day 15 and I have been able to meet the challenge thus far. It hasn't been easy, but it is possible. I have taken it a step further and included it as part of my spiritual growth. I have been focusing on the following scripture "When a man's ways please the LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him". -Proverbs 16:7

    It is truly amazing to see how this challenge has elevated both my spiritual and physical growth.

    I will keep you abreast of my progress. Only 15 more days to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I am so proud of you for the effort you are putting forth. I am also glad to here that you are seeing the results of your efforts. Isn't amazing how just a little effort can affect your entire well being as well as that of the other person? Thanks again and keep up your work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts