FEAR Be Gone!!!

I know this is an unusual post for a relationship blog.  But one of the greatest conditions that effects each and everyone of us is FEAR.  It can be FEAR of failure, FEAR of success, FEAR of the unknown, FEAR of knowing, FEAR of not being in a relationship, FEAR in the relationship, FEAR of not finding MR. or Ms. Right,  FEAR of never getting married, FEAR of divorce,  FEAR of loving to much, FEAR of not loving enough, FEAR of not being loved and the list goes on and on and on...

Well, remember I told you that I would be transparent in our journey together? So, here I am bearing my soul and telling you that I have been afraid many times in my life and even in recent times as I have embarked on the journey of  "Dr. Kim" FEAR has reared it's ugly face.

A couple of weeks ago after my husband and I had been talking about my fear and he was traveling he wrote a letter to fear for both he and I. I wanted to share it with you and  invite you to share it with others in your life who may also find themselves in the grips of FEAR!  You see until we move pass the FEAR we can not move into the life of wholeness and meaningful relationships we were all created to have.

Enjoy and let us move on together!

Dear Fear,

I hope that you've had a good and comfortable stay while you resided inside my head and heart. I trust that the accommodations I provided for you were nice and cozy? I hope that you really had a great time and lots
of fun while making my life a living, breathing, stifling hell. And I sincerely hope that everything that you did to stop me from going after my most important dreams and goals gave you the satisfaction you so desperately crave.

I really do hope that it all gave you humongous pleasure because today, all that comes to a halt. I'm officially shutting down your place of residence within me. I'm tearing up your month-to-month lease and ceremonially kicking you out on your pompous ego-driven butt!

That's right Fear! I'm looking you straight in the eye and I'm evicting you today. Effective immediately! Take all the crap you can carry with you because I'm taking what's left and burning it and you out of my psyche forever! I strongly suggest that you find shelter and nourishment elsewhere because the house that I allowed you to live in for so long and that you nearly destroyed is now under new management. This house is officially closed down for repairs; the new live-in handyman will take on the task of unraveling the utter mess that you've made of things.

My new tenant/handyman is Yeshua Ben Yosef and He has a millennia of experience in dealing with the likes of you. He's moving in right now as I write this letter. He also doesn't tolerate the kind of crap you pulled on me to keep me trapped and neutralized. Can you feel Him? Can you hear His footsteps?

Why did I hire Him to take over you ask? Because I couldn't evict you by myself.

You're much too strong for me to deal with on my own, and so I brought in THE ENFORCER.

To Him, you're a weakling and you're a pushover. With Yeshua by my side, I can do ALL THINGS and that includes getting rid of you. With The Great I AM all things ARE POSSIBLE for me to do, to be, and to have.

Elohim has not given me the negative spirit that you propagate... Adonai has given me the gifts of POWER, LOVE, and a SOUND MIND.

POWER to face whatever comes my way and handle it all with humility and wisdom and courage.

LOVE in my heart that spreads to everyone that I come in contact with no matter what they may say or try to do to me.

SOUND MIND to be able to think things through to wise conclusions and not fly off the handle as you would have me to do.

You see Fear, I'm raising the rent in my house and my self-worth along with it. Quite frankly sir, you can no longer afford me!

I'll expect you cleared out and gone by the end of the day today.

Sincerely through with you,


-----------------------------------------
(Your name)


Copyright 2013
Larry Martin Kimpel
Words of Life Publishing
All rights reserved

Comments

  1. Wonderful letter and great insight. I have taken a moment to ponder this word FEAR and how it has devastated so many lives, including my own. It is somewhat amazing how we can give such power and control to FEAR and forget how strong we truly are. We give FEAR reverence. We give it an undo level of respect and awe, while forgetting that it is what chains us to never attempting to propel into our true greatness.

    Almost 25 years ago I was given an opportunity, or should I say challenge, to move beyond what was controlling my life and move toward securing a path for success. In the mist of this challenge I can up with a quote which I have to refer myself back to from time to time:

    "Success lingers in the hearts and minds of those who desire to achieve it."

    Today (25 years) later I'm taking the time to add to it:

    "Therefore, we must transform our desire into action and cease the moment. Overcome FEAR and experience a true fulfillment."

    I guess it's time to practice what we preach and take control - the eviction process has been placed in motion.

    "For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." - 2 Timothy 1:7

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts