B... is for Building!

Well, week 2 and I realize that what I will be sharing will probably not be a surprise, and I am certain you know most of it. However, if you are anything like I am, we need to be reminded and brought back to basics!

This week is B is for...Building! When I think about the relationships I am in and value, I realize that we are constantly Building something. Not only are we Building our relationship but we are Building on ourselves. In order to have a secure and solid relationship it must be Built on a solid foundation. Often times we try to Build on what we have learned from our past, our families, other people's relationships and even worse than that, we often build on past relationships we have had, good and bad!

My I suggest instead that we begin to Build our relationship's foundation on trust, honesty, open communication and treating each other with respect and dignity? I will be going into each of these in greater detail as I continue to go through the ABC's... of relationships. In the meantime, let's create relationships where when you're Building them, you think before you act. If you want to be in a healthy relationship begin by being a healthy person yourself. Be trustworthy... do what you say you are going to do.  Be honest in your communication even if being honest, you have to say no!  Keep the lines of communication open and two way. Be an active listener and speak the truth in love.  And, always I mean always, treat the other person with respect and dignity. This may mean that sometimes you may have to step back and pause before responding; in other words, think before you speak.  Be a little less reactive and more patient in your thoughts, words and actions!

When we Build relationship using these simple but powerful tools we really are Building and creating healthy, happy and meaningful relationships which can't help but Build great things for the world!

How are you planning on Building your relationship? I would love to hear your thoughts!

Comments

Popular Posts